I just Love Quinoa.. its ease of preparation alongside its nutritional qualities make it a firm favourite in my pantry, the addition of beetroot gives it an extra dimension in colour and flavour… which i just adore.
- 2 cooked beetroots –boiled then peeled when cool
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp Dill sauce
- a handful of fresh herbs - Fresh dill, parsley, basil and mint
- 1 tsp finely grated Lemon zest
- 2 Spring onions – finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of fresh rucola leaves – finely chopped
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- A small bunch of asparagus
- 3 cups of cooked red Quinoa
- Smoked Salmon
In a large pot of unsalted water, add the quinoa and bring to a boil. Time about 10-13 minutes from boiling. Test, and when ready, drain, rinse till it cools down and leave to drain properly (about 30 min). Squeeze excess water out of quinoa. It is very important that the grains are well drained.
Cook a finely chopped onion in some olive oil, adding the peas and chopped asparagus to cook briefly. Add some chopped basil, mix, switch off and cool. Peel and dice the beetroots. In a large bowl whisk together some olive oil, the dill sauce and the mayonnaise. Add the herbs, mix well, then proceed to adding the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Serve with hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.